Terms & Conditions
bissetandsteedman.co.uk is the online trading name for Bisset and Steedman Ltd.
Please note that customers purchasing from our retail showroom should refer to in store terms of trading. We reserve the right to alter the terms of trading from time to time.
Pricing and Payment
Payments can be made by Visa credit, MasterCard, Maestro and Visa debit cards; you can also pay by BACS Transfer prior to delivery. All product(s) must be paid for in full prior to despatch from our warehouse unless you are a pre-qualified account customer. Due to fluctuations in exchange rates we do not accept payment made by credit or debit cards from foreign banks.
All prices and products quoted are subject to alteration or withdrawal without notice from time to time. All Prices include VAT and standard UK mainland delivery unless otherwise stated. VAT is charged at the point where a transaction or service is completed. Any variation in the VAT rate will be re-calculated at the tax point.
Due to our huge storage capacity we hold large ranges of products in stock for quick delivery, many of which are available on our next day time slot delivery service for a small extra charge upon request. Occasionally we have to order products from the manufacturer which can extend the delivery to 7-14 working days but if there are any unforeseen delays we will contact you via telephone or e-mail to keep you informed throughout the whole process. Feel free to contact our sales team to discuss availability prior to placing your order.
If possible, please provide the following restriction information to help us speed up your delivery.
- Upper floor with no lift
- Bus routes
- Traffic restricted areas
- Low bridges
- Building work/skips etc.
- Red Routes
- Delivery is only available to Edinburgh, the Lothian’s, Border and in pre agreed circumstances other cities and towns within Scotland.
- Once the product(s) have been checked to your satisfaction we require you to sign a delivery note.
- Ensure access to your property is clear and unrestricted to ensure delivery can be completed successfully.
- Deliveries are booked on the condition that there is reasonable access for the safe and prompt delivery of the appliance(s). Any special requirements should be notified to us when arranging delivery.
- We endeavour to meet all delivery bookings but cannot be held responsible for situations beyond our control.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you have signed for the correct appliance(s) and number of appliance(s) delivered.
- Any delivery issues will be resolved by our Customer Services team at the point of delivery.
- When purchasing a large appliance such as an American Fridge Freezer and/or Range Cooker please ensure that you have measured the relevant doorways in your home to make sure that the product(s) will fit through when delivered. Unfortunately if the delivery fails due to this reason the actual cost of the distribution will be charged to you. (if applicable)
- You should ensure that all manufacturer guidelines are complied with in the siting and use of the appliance(s).
- Failed deliveries will incur an additional delivery charge if you are not present on the agreed delivery date and the actual cost of distribution will be charged to you.
- As you know, we offer free recycling of your old appliance when you purchase a new one, however please ensure that the old appliance(s) is disconnected from all water, electrical and/or gas supplies and outside the property in advance of the appliance(s) being removed.
All product(s) are subject to availability. We can only guarantee availability while stocks last. If the product(s) ordered are unavailable we will contact you and give you the option of a suitable alternative. We will endeavour to deliver your order within the times stated but product(s) are subject to availability. A delay in delivery of product(s) is sometimes beyond our control. Any delivery dates specified are approximate and we cannot take responsibility for any losses, costs, damages, charges or expenses caused by any delay.
No claims for visible damage will be accepted after the product(s) have been signed for as checked. Any visible damage should be reported to our Customer Service department at the point of delivery. Failure to comply with these guidelines will deem that you have accepted the product(s) and we would be unable to return or replace them.
The guarantee will not apply if the fault arises from excessive wear and tear in our reasonable opinion, deliberate damage, accidental damage, negligence, abnormal working conditions, failure to follow manufacturer instructions, misuse or alteration or repair of the appliance(s) without manufacturer approval. Claims regarding faulty goods will be subject to the terms and conditions of the manufacturer’s warranty but this does not affect your statutory rights. If your product(s) appears not to be functioning correctly please first check the manufacturer’s instruction book and follow the fault-finding guide. If a product(s) has been installed we will require a manufacturer approved service engineer to inspect the appliance to establish the nature of the fault. If required we will provide you the manufacturers information in the case of an appliance failure or fault, for you to contact them direct.
When installing a gas appliance a qualified Gas Safe engineer is required, all appliances will need to be installed by a qualified tradesperson, who has the proper certification. All our gas installers are fully qualified.
Cancellations and Returns
- On delivery of item, our engineers will do a full inspection, where possible with the client present and will be refused if damage is found.
- Products will be signed for, where possible to confirm that you have received the correct appliance and that it is not damaged.
If you do decide to return a product to us please read the full terms and conditions before you do so, it’l make the process easier! You have 10 working days from the date of delivery to request a collection and your appliance must be unused and still in the original packaging. We DO NOT charge for returns.
If your item is faulty them it will be covered by a manufacturers guarantee and you will need to contact them directly. Again we can provide you with the necessary contact details, just call our team on 01875 610310 and quote your product make, model and ref number and we will guide you through the full process. All Appliances come with a minimum 1 year manufacturer’s warranty covering parts and labour.
- We reserve the right to request photographic evidence of the appliance(s) and/or packaging prior to collection.
- Upon receipt of the returned appliance(s) these will be inspected to ensure they are in perfect condition (in the original packaging) and meet our satisfaction and are including all relevant accessories, manuals & components.
- We reserve the right to claim for any damage to the appliance(s) that may have occurred whilst in your possession or reject them outright. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- If the packaging has been removed or tampered with we can no longer be held responsible for transporting the appliance(s) safely and you must arrange the return of the appliance(s) to our warehouse within 14 days of delivery.
- If you return the product(s) to us yourself, you are required to take reasonable care and ensure that these are not damaged in transit. If you do not exercise reasonable care and the product(s) are damaged, we will reject the product(s) or make a claim against you for a breach of this statutory duty.
- On conclusion your order will be processed for reimbursement of monies paid less any applicable delivery or collection charges & or charges in respect of missing accessories, manuals & components.
- Should you wish to cancel any items off an order where a package deal has been negotiated on multiple products, we reserve the right to recalculate the total price according to the new value of the order. In the event of a product(s) being cancelled where a free or discounted item applies we reserve the right to either charge you for the product(s) at the current price or collect the product(s), collection charges apply.
- We will not accept the return of any 'Special Order Items’ – This will be discussed and made clear at point of purchase
We will acknowledge your order and confirm availability by e-mail as soon as possible. Any e-mail or other electronic acknowledgment by us of receipt of an order placed by you does not constitute legal acceptance by Bisset and Steedman Ltd of your order. Acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place when the goods are despatched, unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or that you have cancelled it.
Whilst we try our utmost to ensure the accuracy of our site we cannot be held responsible for typographical errors, colour accuracy, image discrepancies or product dimensions. The product(s) that is delivered may vary slightly from the image supplied by the manufacturers and may not include any of the pictured accessories. We have the right to refuse or cancel any orders listed at the incorrect price whether or not the order has been confirmed. If your credit card has already been charged we will immediately issue a credit to your account equal to the value of the original payment taken. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that product specifications are correct on our website due to continual product development through research & design specifications may change without notice.
Descriptions relating to appliance(s) are a brief guide. We therefore recommend all product features and technical information is confirmed with manufacturer before purchase. Manufacturers contact details are available on our website.
Prices and availability are subject to change without notice.
All dates and times given for delivery are given in good faith, we endeavour to meet all agreed schedules with our customers and with our suppliers, however we cannot be held responsible for any loss of time or monies resulting from delayed, missed or incorrect deliveries. We cannot accept liability for any consequential loss of profit or indirect losses.
We are aware of the concerns customers have about entering their card details when carrying out a transaction. We have therefore implemented the following measures to ensure that paying via our Website is as safe as possible:
- All your credit card and personal information is encrypted and held on a secure SSL (Secure Socket Layer) server. This protects data during transit, in particular the credit card information, from being intercepted and misused by hackers.
- We use 128-bit encryption (this technology scrambles the data relating to your account to ensure that your information cannot be read by anyone else) and constantly update our technologies in line with new security measures.
- Any information transmitted to us is encrypted (scrambled) whilst it is sent over the Internet. When it reaches us we then encrypt the content so that only authorised personnel can access it. This makes it very difficult for this data to be intercepted.
- We ask you to enter the CV2 security number from the back of your credit or debit card, which helps to reduce the risk of Internet fraud being carried out.
- You should ensure that the technology you are using is also secure.
The appliance(s) sold on our websites have been designed to comply with all relevant UK legislation. We cannot warrant or represent that they comply with any legal requirement outside of the UK. All appliance(s) are covered by a minimum of 12 months UK Manufacturers warranty. However certain manufacturers offer varying parts & labour warranties subject to the customer registering their purchase with the manufacturer. Claims for promotional warranties must be registered within the set time according to the Manufacturers Terms & Conditions. All appliance(s) must be installed and used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
Customers who purchase an extended warranty from us will receive a warranty certificate by post approximately eight to ten weeks after delivery with a separate set of terms and conditions attached.
Items sold on our website are generally intended for normal domestic and consumer use and not commercial use, unless specifically stated within the product description.
Reproduction of all or any substantial part of the material in any form is prohibited except that individual users may print or save portions of the material for their own personal use.
The above paragraph does not permit you to incorporate the material or any substantial part of it in any other work or publication, whether in hard copy or electronic or any other form. In particular (but without limitation) no substantial part of the material may be distributed or copied for any commercial purpose.
No substantial part of the web site may be reproduced on or transmitted to or stored in any other web site or other electronic retrieval system
English law applies to this contract and any dispute will be dealt with exclusively in the English Courts. These Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights in any way.
This website is administered by Bisset and Steedman Ltd, 58-62 High Street, Tranent, East Lothian, Scotland, EH33 1HH - Company registration number SC21567 & VAT registration number 268310363.
This page (together with the documents referred to on it) sets out the terms and conditions on which we supply the product(s) listed on our website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before ordering any product(s). By ordering any product(s), you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Bisset & Steedman Ltd is/are a member of Combined Independent (Holdings) Ltd, and many of the products available through our business are supplied to us via CIH Ltd. We also advertise and sell products under the euronics brand identity. When you shop with us, and purchase any product or service offered by us via CIH Ltd, we will share limited data with CIH Ltd and this may include any or all of the following; name, address and order details, email address and telephone number. This data is used for experience, analytics and marketing purposes only, including services provided by 3rd parties used by either ourselves and/or CIH Ltd and via our website and/or euronics.co.uk. Such services could include, but are not limited to; user journey and site analytics, reviews platforms, marketing mailings and newsletters, service emails and safety and product recall information.
Bisset & Steedman Ltd will deliver all purchased goods within a window of 2 days. Bisset & Steedman Ltd will contact all customers immediately after a sale has been made to confirm the delivery details.
Information about us
https://www.bissetandsteedmanappliances.co.uk (this site) is operated by Bisset & Steedman Ltd. Bisset & Steedman Ltd is registered in the U.K. and we trade from 58-62 High Street Tranent East lothian EH33 1HH. Bisset & Steedman Ltd's VAT number is 268310363.
This site is only intended for use by, and orders will only be accepted from, residents of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. We cannot commit that product(s) supplied are suitable for use in any other regions.
Placement and processing of orders
If you wish to buy product(s) through this site then you should follow the procedure specified in this site.
After placing an order, and once payment has been authorised, you will receive a sales confirmation via email acknowledging that your order has been received by Bisset & Steedman Ltd.
Acceptance of your order will be made which confirms that the product(s) you have ordered are available for delivery.
The contract between you and Bisset & Steedman Ltd will only be formed when a sale confirmation is sent to you and payment has been received.
Bisset & Steedman Ltd will confirm that your chosen product will be delivered on certain date and request that this is acceptable.
If you wish to cancel your order, this will need to be done by 12pm the working day prior to your delivery date (Mon-Fri), or delivery will be made. Any returns after this time will be liable for a collection charge.
You will be informed as soon as possible if for any reason product(s) ordered by you are not available for supply. Where you have already paid for the product(s), you will then be issued with a full refund or an alternative product.
If you are ordering product(s) as a consumer you may cancel the contract at any time within a fourteen working day "cooling-off" period, beginning on the day after the day you receive the product(s) (the required post contractual information will be supplied in an email confirming your delivery).
To cancel a Contract, you must inform Bisset & Steedman Ltd. You will then be contacted to agree a method for returning the product(s). Product(s) must be returned in the same condition in which you received them. If you return product(s) in person or send them they will be at your risk until they are received by us. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the product(s) while they are in your possession. If you fail to comply with this obligation, we may have a right of action against you for compensation. We may also charge you a reasonable sum as reimbursement for any missing items such as leads or remote controls.If you need to return product(s) because you are a consumer and have cancelled the contract within the fourteen working day cooling-off period, you will be responsible for the cost of returning product(s) to us or, where applicable, of us collecting them from you.
Upon receipt of the product, we will refund the price of the product(s) in full, including any initial delivery charges, less the cost(s) we incur in collecting the product, and replacing any missing item(s) or accessories. We will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within thirty days of the day we take receipt of the product(s).
If you are returning product(s) that are faulty, you will not be responsible for any collection costs. You will need to contact Bisset & Steedman Ltd and we will initially look at resolving the issue. If this is not an issue that we can resolve, and the product is less than 28 days old, then the product can be returned, at our cost, and you will receive a full refund. However, if any accessories are missing, the cost of these will be deducted from your refund.
Details of this statutory right, and an explanation of how to exercise it, are also provided in the sale confirmation. This provision does not affect your statutory rights.
The price of any product(s) will be as quoted on this site from time to time, except in cases of obvious error. These prices include VAT but exclude delivery costs and any other additional services you may have opted for e.g installation, old product disposal etc.
Prices are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders that are the subject of a sale confirmation.
This site contains a large number of product(s) and it is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the product(s) listed may be incorrectly priced. Prices will normally be verified as part of the dispatch procedures so that, where the correct price is less than the stated price, you will be charged the lower amount. If the correct price is higher than the stated price, you will be contacted for instructions before dispatching the product(s) and you may then cancel your order if you wish. If you do not cancel your order the product(s) will be supplied at the higher price. We are under no obligation to provide product(s) to you at the incorrect (lower) price, even after we have sent you a sale confirmation, if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mis-pricing.
All payments must be in UK Pounds Sterling.